Jump to navigation Jump to search
Prototype with Windows 10
- Head to https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/1486-prototype-resolution-and-fov-fix/,
- download the file, extract it, (password is on the page I linked)
- pick your preferred FoV (I'd recommend Even Higher) and replace the in the game's directory. Otherwise you're locked into 720p or below.
- Before you launch the game, you have to go into task manager,
- right click on Steam,
- go to details,
- right click Steam.exe, Set Affinity and
- untick all but CPU 0-3. Otherwise the game will crash.
- If your monitor is above 60Hz,
- go into your AMD or NVIDIA control panel,
- set the 3D settings for specific program, find Prototypef.exe or click Prototype if it's available,
- force the max FPS to 60 or set your refresh rate to 60Hz and
- turn Vsync on. Otherwise your mouse will be jittery and experience horrible acceleration.
Put this into the Prototype folder (backup the old one) to use the desktop resolution for Prototype: